Sunday, January 19, 2014

eARC BOOK REVIEW...A Semblance of Innocence (Semblance, #1) by Caye Collen


Title:  A Semblance of Innocence (Semblance, #1)
Author:  Caye Collen
Publication Date: February 3rd 2014
Goodreads URL: HERE
Plot:   Elise Shumperk is a promising senior at Georgetown University, even if she's also lonely and unable to connect with people. Then, as she begins her final semester, a set of events lead her to become incapable of paying for school, or for anything else. Desperate, she reluctantly sells herself. Though not to just anyone, but to the most beautiful man she's ever seen—a man who just might become the next president of the United States. And their relationship quickly develops from simple heart-stopping sex to something approaching love.

Which is when her real problems begin.

90,000 Words

MY REVIEW:

description

While I did enjoy this story, I must admit that the last 25-30% of it kind of fell off track and crumbled in the dunes for me. I mean, with a situation like this going on it was only a matter of time before The Senator and Elise were found out but how it was played there after that was far-fetched and unnecessary.

With Ian and Deborah’s inclusion into the plot, I just felt as if they tipped the scale and not in a good way. Between Deborah's conniving jealousy and Ian's just over all being things just got out of hand.

Everything was going good in the story without their involvement. I get that there has to be a bad guy, I do. But things were already rough and risky as it was so why more angst and drama?

Gosh, I don’t even know what to say.

description

In other words...

Elise, come on...

description

Get your head together and figure out: a) what the heck you're going to do with your life now that your job interview has been shot down the tubes. AND b) who the hell do you love? The Senator or Ian?

Senator. Dude, you’re in the public eye. What the hell are you doing? Be more responsible. If you don’t love your wife anymore and want Elise, that’s fine. But you have kids to look out for and citizens depending on you. Shape up, man!

description

Deborah, you are just one sad and lonely b*tch who needs to get a life. You make me want to start singing:

description

AND Ian, I really just don’t get you.

description

Gah, seriously. The ending was unsettling. I hope that in book two it gets fixed since I’m just torn over this book. I wanted to love it and initially I did for the first 70 percent of it. But then those two people came about and got me mad.

*Okay, rant is over guys...

description

Sigh, I don’t know guys. I liked this book but some factors were just frustrating and disconcerting for me.

I’m hoping book two will be much better! *fingers crossed*

description

ARC provided via the author for am honest review :)


My Rating:
-Overall : 7
-Plot : 7
-Writing : 7
-Characters : 7
-Cover : 8




Where to get your copy!:
(Links to be provided when available!)

No comments:

Post a Comment