Wednesday, December 4, 2013

eARC BOOK REVIEW...Wrecked (Wrecked #1) by Priscilla West

Title:  Wrecked (Wrecked #1)
Author:  Priscilla West
Publication Date: December 16th 2013 by Blackbird Publishing
Goodreads URL: HERE
Plot:  “There would be no happy ending for us. He was too damaged. I was too broken.”

Two years ago, Lorrie’s mother was murdered. But that wasn’t the end of it. Reeling from the tragedy, Lorrie’s father spiraled into alcohol, depression, and finally suicide.

The two most important people in Lorrie’s life are both gone but she’s still alive.

Trying to recover from the tragedy, Lorrie returns to campus, ready to pick up the pieces of her life. All Lorrie wants is to get back to “normal.”

Then she meets Hunter. The man, the legend, “the Hammer.”

Hunter is a cage fighter who takes on every fight like he’s got nothing to lose. His life is a tangled mess of girls, booze, and fist fights. And while it may seem like he’s got a devil-may-care attitude, he’s fighting a private cage-match with a monster he can’t defeat.

Lorrie knows that Hunter is the exact type of guy she should stay away from, especially in her fragile state, but Hunter has other ideas.

As Hunter and Lorrie grow closer together, will they be able to overcome their pain and heal each other? Or will they both end up wrecked?

WRECKED
RESCUED (WRECKED BOOK TWO: Coming Early 2014)

MY REVIEW:

description

description

description

When Priscilla West had contacted me to ask if I had wanted to read her book, I jumped on it right away!! Being the MMA junkie that I am though, I was a bit skeptical about how it was going to turn out since often at times I see the same habits and set ups played in a lot of these reads.

“Wrecked” did have some typical elements I see in NA romances:

1) a broken heroine && a bad boy

description

description

2) girl heroine is reluctant to start anything with guy but he relentlessly pursues her for a “real” relationship

3) crap happens; characters’ secrets and baggage are revealed

4) some push and pull action ensues

5) and then a cliffhanger happens!!

description

HOWEVER, despite the clichéd story set up... content-wise, I really loved the plot and characters. It was interesting in the beginning, snagged in the middle, but man did it pick up in the end! I really dug the whole bad boy meets good girl vibe and how they start off as friends but end up developing into more. It’s more plausible and believable and over all makes the story even more memorable.

description

description

I swear, I felt like I was on an emotional rollercoaster of highs and lows with this book!! Lorrie was quite an unstable, psychotic bitch to Hunter and yet he still wanted her!! I get that she lost both her parents due to horrible circumstances but she treats Hunter terribly for her own issues in her head!! I was like, “oh, come on, Lorrie!!" Hunter’s perfect for you and can actually put up with your crap! What the heck is your problem?!

description

He’s sweet, tattooed, an alpha male MMA cage fighter, and genuinely likes Lorrie good and bad. Hunter always tries to make things work with her but in the end, Lorrie’s problems and insecurities get in the way and she ultimately makes a stupid and selfish decision. I was screaming, “why!! Did the book have to end like that?!?!”

description

description

description

Oh, Priscilla West, you tease!! I want more Hunter!! And I want Lorrie to get over herself and see the bigger picture. I get that she is lost and needs to find herself; I also get that she needs to heal. But, in the end, what she basically needs to do is to let go of her past and just LIVE.

Gosh darn it, Lorrie!! I want a guy like Hunter pursuing me!

description

So, my verdict: A definite read that you MMA lovers can’t pass up! Despite my frugal feelings and rantings towards Lorrie, when it comes down to it, I can see deep down what makes her thrive and tick. I really hope that in book two, Lorrie buckles down on all of her demons and will finally give into Hunter’s loving once and for all.

But then again,
I don't know if this book series is going to be like a two book series or even a trilogy perhaps. I guess only time will tell!!

description

*Thank you Priscilla West for contacting me and offering me a free complimentary ARC of your book for an honest review!! I really appreciate it.*
description


My Rating:

-Overall : 8.5
-Plot : 8.5
-Writing : 8.5
-Characters : 8.5
-Cover : 8.5-9


Where to get your copy!
(Links to be posted when available!)

No comments:

Post a Comment