Friday, November 29, 2013

BOOK REVIEW...Remy (Real #3) by Katy Evans

Title:  Remy (Real #3)
Author:  Katy Evans
Publication Date: November 26th 2013 by Gallery Books
Goodreads URL: HERE
Plot:  Underground fighter Remington Tate is a mystery, even to himself. His mind is dark and light, complex and enlightening. At times his actions and moods are carefully measured, and at others, they spin out of control.

Through it all, there's been one constant: wanting, needing, loving, and protecting Brooke Dumas. This is his story; from the first moment he laid eyes on her and knew, without a doubt, she would be the realest thing he's ever had to fight for.



MY REVIEW:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

“I feel so fucking possessive, I don’t let her go of her. I want every man looking in her direction to know this one’s fucking MINE. “

I was already in love with the first book in the series, REAL, but I wasn’t a big fan of MINE solely because of Brooke, its redundancy, and not much substantial story plot.

I’m proud to say that I actually really liked REMY! Reason being: REMINGTON TATE!!

"I don’t want her to look at anyone but me. I want her to see I’m the strongest, the fastest. Hell, as far as I know, I want her to think I’m the only man in the whole world.”

description

description

description

Keep in mind that REMY is told from Remy’s eyes and no longer Brooke’s and it tends to dive in and out of the past and present. It also gives light of what MINE doesn’t and goes a little beyond that story. Well, just a tad. Don’t expect a whole lot of extras since you really just see the wedding and baby Racer is all.

My ONLY COMPLAINT though from this book is the over use of the phrases, “She is MINE,” “I want to scent her,” and “I want to claim her.” Yeah, I get that Remy is an alpha possessive heathen but he doesn’t sound too bright in the head if that’s all that goes through it 24/7.

description

*sighs*

Other than that, I admired the fight and tenacity in him since everyday of his life is a struggle but he tries his best the make the most of it. Even more so, with Brooke in the picture. She is his light in the tunnel of darkness…she is his REAL…

“I’ve fought all my life to stay sane. To keep focused, driven, and centered. But tonight, I fight to show one woman my worth.”

I’m a bit sad that it’s all over, well for Remy and Brooke anyway, but at least we can still get some sneak peaks of them in the next two books even if they may not be the main characters anymore.

I know that RIPPED (book 4) will be on Brooke’s gothic friend Pandora and then last but not least RAW, the final book, will be on Brooke’s bestie Mel.

Buahahaha! Looks like Nora, Brooke’s sister, isn’t getting a story! She was a real airhead to be honest! Oh well!...

SO LONG FOR NOW “Brem” fans!


description



My Rating:

-Overall : 9
-Plot : 8.5
-Writing : 8.5
-Characters : 8.5
-Cover : 8.5


Where to get your copy!
Amazon
Barnes and Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment