Tuesday, November 5, 2013

BOOK REVIEW...Healer by B.N. Toler

Image and video hosting by TinyPicTitle:  Healer
Author:  B.N. Toler
Publication Date: October 10th 2013
Goodreads URL: HERE
Plot:  There is a balance in life most know nothing about. Some are put here to simply exist, while others have been placed here to ensure life. Healers, such as Aldo Lawson understand the power of their gift, although at times, it seems more a curse. Upon meeting a handsome young healer named Thomas, Aldo's life heads into a tailspin. With his arrival, Aldo's aunt, the woman who raised her, is forced to share a hard and scary truth--vampires exist. And not only do they exist, but they thirst for healer blood.

Despite this new and frightening information, Aldo longs for a normal senior year, and she's determined to have it. So close to achieving her goal, her world is turned upside down when her aunt is murdered and Thomas disappears. Riddled with questions, she sets out to find him.

Submerged in a world filled with sex and danger, Aldo hopes to find the vampires that will lead her to Thomas. When they find her first, she is forced to piece together truths, deal with her pain, and finds that not everything is what it seems.

MY REVIEW:

“Death is normal. It’s part of the cycle. Death is what makes living so much more beautiful.” “Tell that to the person about to die.” “We can’t save everyone.”

The good: Looks can be deceiving readers. If you judge this book just by it’s cover you are missing out since it is very well written and a breath of fresh air to its genre! It’s story line is interesting, the characters are likable, and the pacing is fabulous. It has a nice balance of paranormal, suspense, and romance!! Yes, guys!! There is romance in this also! *yippee!*

  description 

My thoughts: What a pleasant surprise!! When I had first received the book request from B.N. Toler herself to review her book, I initially frowned at the cover because it wasn’t the most aesthetically pleasing to look at. But after going to its goodreads page and reading other reviewers’ feedback, I had to move this book up the list of my ARC’s and RC’s and read it right away!

And I’m glad that I did!

description 

 I won’t go too much into detail because I don’t want to spoil anything and rather you guys just read it for yourself so….

Aldo’s, the book’s protagonist, story deviates back and forth from past and present telling her background story from when she was 17 and her present day age at 24.

 Aldo is just your ordinary girl EXCEPT… she is one of three triplets who have special gifts. As you might have guessed, she has the power to heal but she also has the ability to transfer energy amongst people, and absorb information from individuals from touch. There are many interesting twists and turns that came about because they were so unexpected and unforeseen. I often found myself thinking, “What?!” or “Wow, I did not expect that!”.

  descriptiondescription 

Gosh, I loved the character development and the substance of the plot and was really sad when I had reached the book’s ending. I was like, “NO!!” I was that hooked! Lol. “Healer” is just one of three in a series and I’m already itching to read more! Thank you B.N. Toler for recognizing my reviews on goodreads and reaching out to me to review your book! I truly enjoyed it!

  description 

  I highly recommend to my friends!


description


My Rating:

-Overall : 9
-Plot : 8.5
-Writing : 8.5
-Characters : 8.5
-Cover : 7

Where to get your copy!:
Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment