Friday, August 30, 2013

Meet Caleb Fox and Hailey Bloom from STAY WITH ME by Elyssa Patrick




Book Title: Stay With Me (With Me #1)
Author: Elyssa Patrick
Release Date:  August 30th, 2013
Genre: New Adult/Contemporary Romance

Book Description
With one look, I’m his . . .

With one touch, he’s mine . . .

With one kiss, it changes everything between us . . .

I’ve been famous since I can remember. Singing, acting, dancing—I’ve done it all. The tabloids cover my every move, but I don’t want that anymore. I want to be normal, whatever that is.

When I leave Hollywood for college in Vermont, I’m on my own for the first time in my life. This is my chance to figure out who I am and what I want in life.

But it’s a lot harder than I expected. I can’t escape my image. Classes are difficult, and I’m struggling. And then there’s Caleb Fox.

Sexy, intriguing Caleb Fox.

Caleb is the one man who doesn’t want to use me. He breaks down my walls. He challenges me. He wants me. And I just don’t know if I can give him the same—or if he’ll stick around when he finds out my shameful secret that the tabloids haven’t managed to uncover.

Dating him is risky enough, but loving him could break me.



Short Except:

I give him a look. “You’re not really expecting me to introduce myself, are you?”
“Why not?”
“Because . . . because . . .” I look up at the sky; no answers are there among the few stars that have now broken free of the clouds. “Because it seems silly. We already know each other’s names.”
“Let’s pretend we don’t. Here. I’ll start.” He holds out his right hand to me. “Hi, I’m Caleb Fox.”
I stare at his hand. “This is—”
“I’m sorry. I don’t talk to strangers.”
“Funny.” But then I decide to play along—I tell myself that it’s not to feel Caleb’s hand around mine once again. “Hi, Caleb. I’m Hailey Bloom.”
I like saying his name.
“Hi, Hailey.”
I like it even more when he says mine.
His hand grasps mine in a firm, no-nonsense grip. It should be an ordinary handshake. Something brief, impersonal, and easily forgotten.
This handshake is anything but ordinary, and I don’t think I’ll ever forget it.
His slightly rough skin is still cool against mine, and his thumb sweeps the inside of my wrist. I gasp out loud, and his fingers briefly tighten. The handshake should be over by now.
He doesn’t let go. Neither do I.
“Now we’ve met,” he finally says.
“Yes.” My mouth feels dry, and I lick my lips. “We have.”
His gaze drops to my mouth. I want to fall into him, to let my body press against his, and feel his arms around me. To have his lips touch mine.
Who cares about anything else but that right now?
Nothing else matters. Nothing at all.
It would take just one step. One tiny step would bring me closer to him. I’d be within kissing distance.


Caleb Fox:    

Facts~

Birthday: May 6th
Astrological sign: Taurus
Hair color: Inky black, a little on the longish side.
Eye color: Dark green
Height: 6’2”
Body type: Athletic, toned, built.
Likes: Kissing Hailey, sports, hanging out with friends and family, and his dog Goliath.
Dislikes: People who break trusts and hurt those who should be loved.
Values: Loyalty, honesty, trust, family, friendship, and love.

Favorite Things~    

Color: Blue.
Movie: All three Star Wars, but not the prequels.
Animal: Dogs, especially Yorkshire terriers.
Book: The Harry Potter series and The Odyssey by Homer.
Song: Well, he does like anything Hailey sings.
Food: Italian, pizza, and nachos.
Vacation Destination: The beach! He’d also like to visit some cities in Europe and see New Zealand with Hailey one day.
Television Show: The Walking Dead.
Sport (to watch): all of them, of course.
Sport (to play): baseball.
Movie Star: Hailey Bloom and now, Alex Randall.
Musician: Hailey Bloom
Painting: Starry Night by Van Gogh
Artist: Van Gogh
Way to Relax: Hanging out with Hailey, of course.
City: Burlington.
Astrological Sign: Taurus (his own) and Sagittarius (Hailey’s).
Career Option: something that involves sports (don’t want to spoil it!)
Place to Get Coffee: Starbuck’s and some local coffee shops.
Smell: Hailey Bloom, cinnamon buns, and the ocean.
Season: Winter
Holiday: Christmas
Candy: Kit Kats
Cold weather activity: Sledding. J
Place to snuggle: With Hailey.
Day: Sunday
Gift: Something thoughtful.
Disney cartoon: Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story.
Muppet: Kermit.



Hailey Bloom:















Facts~

Birthday: December 11th
Astrological sign: Sagittarius
Hair color: Dark brown that’s long and wavy.
Eye color: Blue, the color of the Caribbean ocean.
Height: 5’5”
Body type: Thin, but has curves.
Likes: Kissing Caleb, hanging out with Caleb and his friends, hanging out with Daphne, Katelyn, and Steph, just being a normal girl, and creative arts.
Dislikes: Her mother, disloyalty, people who sell stories and betray trust.
Values: Loyalty, honesty, trust, love, family, and friendship. 

Favorite Things~   

Color: Pink.
Movie: It Happened One Night
Animal: Dogs.
Book: The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling and Easy by Tammara Webber.
Song: Falling Softly
Food: Italian
Vacation Destination: Somewhere that has a beach and is secluded and private.
Movie Star: Her best friend, Alex Randall, of course!
Musician: Too many to name.
Artist: Van Gogh
Way to Relax: Hanging out with Caleb.
City: Burlington.
Astrological Sign: Sagittarius (her own) and Taurus (Caleb’s).
Career Option: Anything but being famous, please.
Place to Get Coffee: She likes tea, actually.
Smell: Caleb’s cologne, vanilla, and the smell of rain.
Season: Fall
Holiday: Christmas
Candy: M&Ms
Dessert: chocolate cake
Cold weather activity: Sledding.
Place to snuggle: In Caleb’s arms.
Day: Friday
Gift: Something that’s meaningful and thoughtful.
Part of a guy: She has a fondness for green eyes. ;)
Disney character: Rapunzel
Muppet: Miss Piggy

No comments:

Post a Comment