Saturday, August 31, 2013

eARC BOOK REVIEW...Finding It (Losing It #3) by Cora Carmack

Expected publication: October 1st 2013 by William Morrow Paperbacks
Most girls would kill to spend months traveling around Europe after college graduation with no responsibility, no parents, and no-limit credit cards. Kelsey Summers is no exception. She's having the time of her life...or that's what she keeps telling herself.

It's a lonely business trying to find out who you are, especially when you're afraid you won't like what you discover. No amount of drinking or dancing can chase away Kelsey's loneliness, but maybe Jackson Hunt can. After a few chance meetings, he convinces her to take a journey of adventure instead of alcohol. With each new city and experience, Kelsey's mind becomes a little clearer and her heart a little less hers. Jackson helps her unravel her own dreams and desires. But the more she learns about herself, the more Kelsey realizes how little she knows about Jackson.


Short excerpt from the book that I felt was pretty funny: 
 "
His eyes broke away from the dance floor and trailed up my body, starting with my heels. I knew there was a reason I braved these stilettos. When his gaze reached my hips, he dragged a thumb across his bottom lip, and I was ready to jump him right then. I pushed my shoulders back, and like a charm his eyes settled on my chest.
Bingo!
Thanks for keeping my secrets, Victoria. The grin of victory was already climbing onto my face, and then he returned his gaze to the dance floor without a comment.
What the hell?
He didn’t look at my face. He didn’t even look at my body for that long.
I was kind of offended. My girls, Marilyn and Monroe, were definitely offended.
" 

MY REVIEW:

I'm sad to say that this ended up on my DNF list.  I just couldn't stand the main character, Kelsey.  She was way too immature and wallowed in her self-pity a little too much that it over all turned me off this read big time.

I also felt that, from what I read, that there was no depth at all to this story.  Just a lost, annoying girl partying it up after college and using her daddy's hard earned money on herself.  Two words: spoiled brat.

Now you may ask how her love interest plays into all of this?  Well, she spots meets hottie, Jackson Hunt, while on the dance floor after making out with some European dude  *Some intro eh* and then runs in to him and the rest is history!

Only of course, there's a catch of mystery, secrets, and finding yourself.  Sounds so typical in books don't you think?

*Sigh,* such a big disappointment since I am an avid fan of the series so sorry readers.  Just not my cup of tea.  Maybe you'll enjoy it instead?



My Rating:

-Overall : 7
-Plot : 7
-Writing : 7
-Characters : 7
-Cover : 7.5

No comments:

Post a Comment