Thursday, August 1, 2013

BOOK REVIEW...Forged by Fate (Fate of the Gods) by Amalia Dillin

After Adam fell, God made Eve to protect the world. — Adam has pursued Eve since the dawn of creation, intent on using her power to create a new world and make himself its God. Throughout history, Eve has thwarted him, determined to protect the world and all of creation. Unknown to her, the Norse god Thor has been sent by the Council of Gods to keep her from Adam's influence, and more, to protect the interests of the gods themselves. But this time, Adam is after something more than just Eve's power — he desires her too, body and soul, even if it means the destruction of the world. Eve cannot allow it, but as one generation melds into the next, she begins to wonder if Adam might be a man she could love.

Every god, from each of the world's pantheons, mythologies, and religions — they’re all real in this enthralling fantasy romance that spans centuries.
Published March 5th 2013 by World Weaver Press
What an interesting twist on Christian and mythology!!  I've never come across this combination before and amazed myself by worshiping the pairing of Eve and Thor.  Who would have thought?
....

In all honesty, I thought "Forged By Fate" was going to be a train wreck.   I kept trying to figure out what would possess an author to make such a bold move and tweak different cultural/religious figures and beliefs and subject them into a single story line?

Luckily though for Ms. Dillin, "Forged By Fate" was a delightful and clever take on various mythologies and theologies from around the world that left me in awe. I'm referring not only to Norse mythology and Biblical ones but also the inclusion of Greek, Persian, and Egyptian ones as well.

It was really neat reading a world where all the different cultures' deities interact and intertwine with one another.  I'm not familiar with the story behind Thor, even though I've heard of him, but reading this I got to be very curious about him.

Thor is a very powerful and devoted character that you can't help but fall for.  I loved his interactions with all of the characters, especially Eve, and was shipping Thor and Eve over the accepted conception of Adam and Eve.

Adam, well....I didn't like Adam at all.  He was selfish, greedy, and cunning whereas Eve was a complete gem.  I thought that Eve was too pure hearted and self-less to be stuck with a counterpart like Adam.  Hence. this is why I liked her with Thor since he was the exact opposite of Adam and a total heart throb!

The downside of this story (*which made it me think that fate was sometimes a stench) is the heady price that Thor, Adam and Eve have to endure for all of eternity. It's cruel and heart breaking when you think about it but it's just the reality for this characters. I don't know what's worse between the three of their fates: bound to live many lives or never attaining what you really want and/or watching from afar. All fates to me are utterly undesirable.
.....

*Phew,* glad I got all that off my chest!  I needed a breather after I finished this to collect my thoughts on it.

Now I'm off to read "Tempting Fate," the next installment in the series, thanks to the courtesy of the publisher!! I'm so excited!!




My Rating:

-Overall : 9
-Plot : 9
-Writing : 9
-Characters : 9
-Cover : 7





Where to get your copy!

Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Kobobooks

No comments:

Post a Comment