Friday, July 26, 2013

BOOK SERIES REVIEW: The Pearl Trilogy (The Pearl Trilogy #1-3) by Arianne Richmonde

Documentary producer, Pearl Robinson, is a beautiful and smart 40-year-old divorcee but has not had a date for over two years. When she meets Alexandre Chevalier, a young French, Internet success story, she's stunned by his charm, beauty and sophistication, and startled by her strong feelings and desire for a man fifteen years her junior.

His looks, wealth and worldwide triumph with his social media site, HookedUp, means this powerful billionaire can get any woman he chooses, but there is something about Pearl he finds irresistible...

The couple begins a passionate affair and Pearl's body is awakened in ways she never imagined possible. She is consumed by him and his magical touch. But jealous family members, Pearl's insecurities and other external forces are threatening to pull them apart.

This three-book series of the full-length novels Forty Shades of Pearl, Shadows of Pearl and Shimmers of Pearl follow the couple's tumultuous and heart-rending relationship.
Published April 23rd 2013 by Mighty Publications (first published April 22nd 2013)
Omigah! I can't believe I forgot to include this wonderful trilogy into my book reviews!!

"The Pearl Trilogy" gives women in their forties (as well as any group age) who've lost all hope in finding love some light.  It doesn't matter what age you are, you can still  attain a great catch like sexy French business mogul, Alexandre Chevalier.

I loved the dynamics between Pearl and Alexandre since they are so different as night and day.  Pearl is so posh and reserved whereas Alexandre is mature for his age but is also very dominant and alpha male when it comes to Pearl.

Reading this, I thought the big nemesis was this one person but in the end it was another.  I figured with Pearl's presence in Alexandre's life that there would cause tensions and jealousies but by book three I never figured that Alexandre's past love could be so complicated.  I literally wanted to slap Laura (who is she? well, you have to read to find out!).

As for the plot and it's pacing:  everything well flowed and was great.

My main complaint was how the situation with the antagonist was solved.  I mean, be reasonable.  I can't see that happening just so that our heroine's can have their happily ever after.  To me, that was a bit unethical and sloppy.

BUT, other than that no further complaints!!

Gah, I want to read "Pearl, Alexandre's Story" so bad now!!  I love him!! He's one of my book boyfriends. Hehe. <3

  



My Rating:

-Overall : 9
-Plot : 8.5
-Writing : 8
-Characters : 8
-Cover : 8



Where to get your copy!

Amazon
Barnes & Noble





No comments:

Post a Comment