Wednesday, July 3, 2013

BOOK REVIEW...Beautifully Dangerous by Chelsea Kendall

Eva falls headfirst into the brutal underground world of the MMA cage fighting circuit. Tasked by her boss to uncover the truth about the barbaric and illegal fights, to bring down the whole ruthless system crumbling to the ground. She manages to get her hands on tickets to an underground match and plans to expose the fighters and fans of the atrocious sport to the rest of the world.

And then at the fight she meets the most notorious fighter of all, the one she's been waiting to ruin... The Archer.

She gazes deep into his brown eyes, hoping to find the answers to questions she can't ask, wishing he would reveal something about himself that no one else knows. His dark eyebrows hide multiple scars, small reminders of past battles, that give him a look of hardened wisdom. His features are chiseled and defined, his strong jaw line is surprisingly clean shaven. His cheekbones sit high, lending his beautiful face and full lips a look of brutal nobility.

The Archer has the vicious handsomeness of a medieval knight, he is a man born in the wrong era, he belongs in a more barbaric world than this. Perhaps there's more to this man than just violence? Surely someone as deliberately beautiful cannot be a monster?

Eva soon realizes that she's been a target of some very dangerous people from the very beginning. As she's swept deeper and deeper into the maelstrom of violence, murder, and sëx, she begins to fear for her own safety. Is it worth risking her life for someone so dangerously beautiful?
2013
"In the interest of having it all, genetically speaking, I think I’ve finally found the man to father my many babies. Or just one baby with lots of practice. Years of practice."

Buahahahaha. That part cracked me up!!

Anyways...

I actually liked "Beautifully Dangerous." It was a light, fast read and included a hot MMA fighter.

HOWEVER, I do have some complaints as well. I mean, what the heck was up with this a-wall of a fiancee that the main guy had??! How can you marry someone you only see like once a year?! Then ON TOP OF THAT, you meet the main girl, fall for her, and YET YOU DON'T BREAK THINGS UP WITH YOUR FIANCEE EVEN TILL THE END OF THE STORY?!? How can a girl respect a man like that? This is bullsh*t. I know that by the conclusion of the story that the main guy and girl are solidly "together" and in love but why is it that it's not mentioned about the guy calling it off with his fiancee? I don't get it.

And also, the plot. Well, the story line isn't a strong one or even really one at that, but for some reason I still thought "Beautifully Dangerous" was an okay read. Call me bipolar, I don't care, since I just antagonized this book a good chunk of my review but I can't seem to hate it for some reason. I know, I know. I'm a strange girl! lol



My Rating:

-Overall : 7
-Plot : 7
-Writing : 7
-Characters : 7.5
-Cover : 8.5

No comments:

Post a Comment