Tuesday, April 30, 2013

BOOK REVIEW...Nothing But Trouble by Trish Jensen

He’s gorgeous, rich, sexy, super nice, and head-over-heels for her. So what’s the problem? 

Her psychic best friend predicts that Laura Tanner is due to meet a prince—the man of her dreams. Not a likely scenario for a hard-working bar owner who’s better at karate-chopping rowdy patrons than hobnobbing with the silver-spoon crowd. When Ivy League lawyer Brandon Prince (a prince!) strolls into her bar, Laura admits he’s hard to resist. Brandon quickly realizes that this lovely, funny, take-no-prisoners woman is the special someone he’s always wanted. 

Brandon is an expert at wooing women, and even a tough cookie like Laura can’t help but fall under his spell. Before she knows what’s happening, he’s lured her on a romantic adventure filled with laughter and desire. Dazzled, she begins to believe that she really can have this prince of a man as her own. 

One problem: Brandon’s powerful mother is used to women chasing his family fortune, and she’ll do whatever it takes to keep yet another money-grubbing female out of his life. If a man is everything you’ve ever wanted, how can he also be nothing but trouble?
Published April 30th 2013 by Bell Bridge Books


I received the ARC of this title from the publisher via NetGallery for an honest review.

"Nothing But Trouble" was an okay read for me. While it was entertaining, fun, and sexy at times, I also found it predictable, cliche, and annoying.

The plot was a bit "plain" if you will but I did like the over all personalities of Brandon and Laura. While Brandon had this whole "I'm a ladies man" type of charming persona. Laura, on the other hand, had a more spitfire and "I'm not falling for that" type of attitude which I appreciated.

MY BIGGEST PEEVE in "Nothing But Trouble" was Brandon's mom. While I could see her concern over Brandon's interest in this middle class girl, I could not get over how meddlesome and stuck in her box she was. I LITERALLY wanted Brandon to grow a backbone and tell her where to stick it but that's just me. Heh.

Over all, not bad read but be prepared to be frustrated at times.




My Rating:

-Overall : 7
-Plot : 7.5
-Writing : 8
-Characters : 8
-Cover : 8.5

No comments:

Post a Comment