Friday, April 26, 2013

BOOK REVIEW...[ARC] Tidal Shift by Dora Heldt

To Christine, her Aunt Inge and Uncle Walter are reliable fixtures in the family, dependable and destined to be together forever. So when she spies Inge in the company of a man who is most certainly not her husband, life as Christine knows it takes a turn for the unexpected. Suddenly, what began as a blissful vacation with her gorgeous boyfriend on her native island of Sylt has morphed into a family drama of epic proportions—and a rude wake-up call for Christine. Because compared to the newfound passion with which sixtysomething Inge is tackling each day, Christine’s supposedly fabulous life seems downright dull. Christine decides it’s time to make some drastic changes…but will she ruin the great life she already has in the process?
Published May 28th, 2013


I normally tend to elaborate on the books that I read but I'm going to keep this review short since I don't have a lot to say or comment about it.
.........
Basically what it comes down to for me is that this story simply was not my cup of tea and so I had a hard time finishing it.

The story line was draggy and dramatic for my taste and although I understood the central values the author was trying to bring home I still  could not get myself emotionally invested in it. I'm sorry.

Christine's personality irked and bored me and the predicament she finds herself in was bottom line UNINTERESTING.  Perhaps, I'm being a little heartless and insensitive but I'm sure you as readers want an honest review and that's what I'm giving.

Once again, I apologize for my negative review of this book.  Maybe someone else will see what I fail to see myself and will find this book a worthwhile and heartfelt read.


My Rating:

-Overall : 5
-Plot : 6
-Writing : 6
-Characters : 6
-Cover : 6

No comments:

Post a Comment