Monday, April 8, 2013

BOOK REVIEW...[ARC] Ask Me To Stay: A Homeland Book by Elise K. Ackers

When family tragedy brings bad boy Ethan Foster home, he doesn't expect a warm welcome. In the small town of Hinterdown reputation is everything - and Ethan's was ruined long ago. Nobody wants him around, particularly not Sam O'Hara, the girl he left behind.
There's still a powerful spark between them, but Sam is afraid to risk her heart again. And Ethan is hiding a secret that will have repercussions for his whole family. Will the townspeople ever forgive him? More importantly, will those he loves the most find it in their hearts to take him back?
This tender tale of love and redemption is the first in a brilliant new series by Elise K. Ackers, author of Small Town Storm and the bestselling The Man Plan.
Published: April 10. 2013

-ARC provided by NetGallery and Penguin Aust for an honest review.

Sorry for like the shortest review that I'm ever going to give BUT... HONESTLY??! This has got to be the second book in a row from Penguin Australia that has disappointed me. I couldn't even finish the book because of how slow and "dead" it was for me.

The story line bored me to death and there was like hardly any romance!! Sorry guys, when I choose to read books I look for romance to be one of the included elements and this one didn't do it for me. I KNOW that the romantic element was hardly the focus of the book but STILL.

If anything , the concept of family, redemption, and forgiveness was nice but OVER ALL, this book just wasn't for me. SORRY GUYS!



My Rating:

-Overall : 5
-Plot : 6
-Writing : 7 
-Characters : 7
-Cover : 8

No comments:

Post a Comment